Window cleaning may sound simple enough, but the name can be misleading. It's an intricate technique that yields poor results if you don't approach...
Rescue and Emergency Services
- The employer shall have a rescue plan for every rope access work site or project. The plan shall provide for the prompt rescue and safe extrication of a sick, injured, or entangled rope access technician. The plan shall include the following provisions:
- The plan shall ensure that all persons conducting rope access work have been trained and are competent to perform self-rescue.
- The plan shall ensure that sufficient rope access technicians trained and competent in partner rescue are present and available to perform a rescue in a manner appropriate for the mechanism of injury or the patient’s medical condition.
- The plan shall ensure that the Rope Access Supervisor is capable of managing a rescue incident and where appropriate, performing a rescue.
- The plan shall include the information required to respond to the appropriate emergency services.